SP-Neptune is without doubt our most unique samplepack to date, featuring a stunning collection of multisampled sounds generated primarily from the incredibly fat 3 VCO Spectral Audio Neptune 2 analogue synth. For the first time ever this monophonic rack synth has been transformed into a polyphonic powerhouse for the MPC & Maschine, with all accompanying sounds resampled and recorded through the classic 12 bit Emu SP-12 and the Akai 4000DS vintage tape machine for some of the richest sounding synth samples you’re ever likely to hear.
Programmed, recorded and edited by UK producer and musician Canedrive (Blackfish Productions, Clubstar) , SP-Neptune features over 340 unique samples including 8 fully multisampled synth programs, a two bank drum kit, and an extensive library of 115 synth sounds, drones and fx.
Check out Canedrive's demo, made entirely with an MPC4000 and the sounds from this pack:
The collection in full consists of:
- Bass - two powerful synth bass sounds, mapped out across the pads each using 6 notes per octave (3 octaves in total per program)
- Strings - a very lush string multisample program, sampled over 7 octaves using 4 notes per octave
- Lead sounds - 5 incredibly rich lead sounds with each program covering 5 octaves with 4 notes per octave (further variants with different LFO & filter settings are included for the MPC4000/5000/Ren/Studio)
- Drum Kit - a fat, ballsy and unashamedly grimy kit over two banks featuring 32 electronic, acoustic and layered drum sounds (kicks, snares, claps, hats and percussion) all thoroughly seeped in 12 bit goodness
- Sound Library - 115 original tones, wacky modulations, filter sweeps and other various short synth sounds, created using a Juno analogue synth, Akai MFC42 filter, Roland SH-01, Alesis Andromeda and resampled through the Emu SP12
SP Neptune is a multi-format download that contains a 24 bit/48kHz version for the MPC4000,MPC5000, MPC Renaissance, MPC Studio & Maschine that utilises native keygroup programs (AKP,XPM and 50K) and Maschine MGRP files, as well as a 16 bit/ 44.1kHz version which contains programs compatible with MPC1000, MPC2500, MPC500 and all versions of JJOS.
All multisample programs are already perfectly configured and already mapped out chromatically across your pads, or hook up a MIDI keyboard to a spare MPC MIDI input and play your programs that way. And if you want to get your hands dirty, you can of course add your custom program settings using your MPC's built in effects, filters, LFO and other program parameter tweaks.
SP-Neptune utilises the best of both worlds, with a sublime combination of fat, powerful analogue synth sounds and the grit, warmth and crunch of classic vintage gear.
- Spectral Audio Neptune 2
- E-mu SP-12
- MPC 4000
- Roland SH-01
- Juno Analogue Synth
- Alesis Andromeda
- Akai MFC42
- Akai 4000DS vintage tape machine
Please note: the program files in this product are not compatible with MPC2000/XL/3000/60, however you'll be able to load up the individual 16 bit WAV files in all MPCs other than the MPC60.
- Samples: 9 multisampled synth & drum programs (230 samples) plus 115 tones, fx & synth sounds
- Format: 24 bit/48kHz & 16 bit/ 44.1kHz WAV files, plus MPC keygroup & DRUM programs and Maschine groups (MGRP).
- Compatibility: Maschine/MPC1000/2500/500/4000/5000/Ren/Studio and JJOS.
- License: Royalty Free
- Delivery: available instantly via email
- Price: $29.99